Monday, February 12, 2007

Another Quilt Finished



I ended up putting in deep marooon free satin stitched lines for accent-it is another Gilgamesh Rug.It is also a reference to remnants from the past being nothing more than glimpses- so the first layer has been foiled with some random cuneiform marks and then overlaid with scrim and then with dots added as a sort of counting system- the idea is that this would read not only on a visual level but also on a touch level- and the story of Gilgamesh comes to us incomplete with sections missing from the broken tablets on which they found the story - we have to surmise what the missing sections are. The quilt measures 60 cm by 145 cm long and it is for sale ( $1,000 US).
Todays task is to make more pomegranate cards to take overseas with me and to start another long piece- not quite decided what - there are a few options but none is crying out loudly.
Anonymous asked how to contact me- I had not realised when I went to the new blogger my profile settings did not follow- as I used to have an email link in my profile. That is fixed now so you should be able to contact me through clicking on profile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It turned out great - I just love it!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Yum, the close-up photo looks like passionfruit seeds!

Anonymous said...

The satin stitching is a great touch. I am really enjoying your book of quilting stitches!!