Monday, February 12, 2007

Another Quilt Finished

I ended up putting in deep marooon free satin stitched lines for accent-it is another Gilgamesh Rug.It is also a reference to remnants from the past being nothing more than glimpses- so the first layer has been foiled with some random cuneiform marks and then overlaid with scrim and then with dots added as a sort of counting system- the idea is that this would read not only on a visual level but also on a touch level- and the story of Gilgamesh comes to us incomplete with sections missing from the broken tablets on which they found the story - we have to surmise what the missing sections are. The quilt measures 60 cm by 145 cm long and it is for sale ( $1,000 US).
Todays task is to make more pomegranate cards to take overseas with me and to start another long piece- not quite decided what - there are a few options but none is crying out loudly.
Anonymous asked how to contact me- I had not realised when I went to the new blogger my profile settings did not follow- as I used to have an email link in my profile. That is fixed now so you should be able to contact me through clicking on profile.


Vicki said...

It turned out great - I just love it!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Yum, the close-up photo looks like passionfruit seeds!

Gerrie said...

The satin stitching is a great touch. I am really enjoying your book of quilting stitches!!