I have been back for over a week and feel in a kind of stasis as i have not found anywhere to live really. Of course I am welcome at my mothers, and she has not been too well so perhaps it was meant to be, but it does mean the internet is a challenge as she has none and to get one of those usb connectors is not very successful as the signal is very weak where she lives . My mobile bails out all the time.
But one thing I did want to share and alert you about is that CrossXPollination is on again this year. I shall be teaching the Travellers Blanket three saturdays running- so we will dye the background and spend time stitching and telling stories. There are other great workshops on offer if you are not travel blanket inclined.There will also be terrific exhibitions with all sorts of wonderful textile works by various well known textile artists, including the convict bonnets from Tasmania. So please come and join us. Last years event was an energising and terrific event that succeeded beyond our wildest hopes
CrossXpollinatioN 2014 - Love, Loss & What I Wore
Last year we had an “Oh Wow!” reaction to the theatre-lit exhibition in our enormous Civic Hall – a quirky mix of farmer’s armour, floating art garments, evocative quilts and more.
This year our Civic Hall will again host a collection of exhibitions including works by Catherine O’Leary, Dijanne Cevaal and Ilka White, wearable art around the theme “Love, Loss & What I Wore” and a touching and beautiful installation of convict bonnets. Other activities include:
· A program of inventive workshops by great tutors (scanned pamphlet attached);
· “Love, Loss & What I Wore”, wearable art exhibition at Colac Otway Performing Arts Centre 28 June – 13 July 2014;
· “Made with Love”, exhibition of textile and fibre works of excellence at Red Rock Regional Theatre & Gallery, 28 June – 13 July 2014 (10-5 weekends only);
· An exhibition of contemporary needlepoint by Jessie Dean in the COPACC Foyer;
· Artist talks and networking suppers at Red Rock Regional Theatre & Gallery, 5 and 12 July;
· WAM Wearable Art Market in the foyer of Colac Otway Performing Arts Centre 28 June 2014
· Plus loads more…
Check for updates, more information or book workshops at www.copacc.com.au, check out details on Facebook or call us on 52329418.
For the CrossXpollination team