Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Post 2000 and A Happy and Creative 2014!

I had actually planned to have my 2000th post sometime in December rather than on New Years Eve, but somehow life and time intervened and so ... Post 2000 becomes a wish for all of my readers to have a Happy , Safe and Creative 2014. Thank you for being a part of my journey and letting me  be a part of yours. Leave a comment , and I shall put names in a hat and draw a winner and I think I will find something I can send to you to help your hands be creative!

As I am home alone tonight, I guess it's a moment for reflection- the year has been far from stellar. I have had a friends and an acquaintance pass away from breast cancer far too young, and have had another diagnosed with a particularly aggressive  breast cancer which is being treated with a  new drug therapy. What a nasty insidious  illness it is, and one day, one day soon I do hope they find something that will cure cancer. Both of my elderly parents have had illnesses , not unexpected  but because they have been separated for more than 40 years, it becomes a bit awkward especially as they have both been ill at the same time and live about  3 hours  apart. My youngest daughter  did her VCE year and it turned into a long drawn out affair - thank goodness she got through and now it is the wait to see what offers from which university will come. But I am certainly glad that  I do not have to go through another VCE year again!

But there have been good things- my daughter passed her VCE! I exhibited at Quilts en Beaujolais and CrossXPollination in Colac. I started on my France book, but time is an issue as I need to earn a living as well. There have been a number of things organised for next year, including exhibiting in France, England, Germany , Australia and the Netherlands ( I will post details soon)- so there is much to look forward to.

I will pack up my  rented house as I head off to Europe for 3 months at the end of February to exhibit and work, no point paying rent when no one will be here. The idea of not having a home has  given me quite a lot of anxiety but until I sell my block of land I can't see what else I can do except dream about a gypsy caravan!

All in all there is much to look forward to and there is a lot of work to make! 2014 will be very busy and will need a lot of creative ingenuity!

I did finish another Chartres piece which I did start some time ago- it's another interpretation form the figures on the Porte Royale, done on the type of lutradur used to wrap flowers.




Lots and lots of stitching in this piece!

Also I have had a couple of emails by people asking if I would run the linocutting on-line class again soon- is there interest out there to do that?

And there is still time to join the 2014 Travellers' Blanket on-line class starting on  10 January 2014- just email me for information.

21 comments:

dini zweegers said...

Hi Dijanne,

Ik wens je een heel mooi, gezond en succesvol 2014 toe.

groetjes

dini

ann vanherle said...

Ik wens voor je drie dochters dat ze hun plaatsje in de maatschappij mogen vinden en voor jou en je ouders gezondheid.De creativiteit komt vanzelf. Hoop je in 2014 nog eens te zien
goetjes ann en de familie

Dijanne Cevaal said...

He Ann zal je zeker zien- daar verheug ik me op!

Lyn (in Kinglake) said...

Best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous year in 2014 for you and your family.

Lee said...

Hope you have a wonderful 2014. I have so enjoyed your posts in 2013 and love your inspiring work. Thank you and have a great one! Lee

Janny said...

Ik wens je een gezond, gelukkig en creatief nieuwjaar! Ik volg je blog altijd met plezier.

Fiona said...

Hoping 2014 will be a lot more successful and relaxed for all of us. Take care mate.
Fiona

Gill said...

Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy 2014

queenstef said...

Good health and peace to us all for the coming year. I am excited to be taking your class starting next week. Be well.

Annik-Snor said...

Wish you a happy new year. Good luck on your Europe tour.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Very best wishes for 2014. Let me say that knowing you has enriched my life - from exploring the Dufy exhibition at Settes to the Traveller's Blankets (both still works in progress but will be completed this year). I wish I could also say I was off to Europe, but my health (fibromyalgia) and finances do not permit. My plan for 2014 is to move to a country town in Canterbury, closer to my children (currently I'm 7 hours' drive away) and try to eke out a living from my textile art (sound familiar?). Think about coming to NZ some time. Best wishes for a productive and abundant 2014.

Diane Wright said...

My 'Sisters in Cloth' group has chosen their sentinels and are over the moon with the whole idea. Thank you so much!

Happy, healthy and CREATIVE 2014 to you!

Penny said...

I hope you have a positive and productive 2014.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dijanne,
wishing you a happy, healthy and creative year. This piece is beautiful.

ConundrumChum said...

Have a happy 2014.

Chrissy said...

Hi Dijanne, thank you for your ispirational blogging and photographs. I wish you all the best for the upcoming Europe trip.Happy New Year - CHris Beardsley.

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed your blog so much!
I hope 2014 brings you health and
happiness and more creativity we
can see on your entries. You are
so talented. I admire your work
so much!
Marion
shawm@rogers.com

quilter501 said...

Dear Diane,
I am one of your distant but constant fans. I have purchased small works, taken online classes, purchased books. But every day you are a part of my morning as I look for an entry on your blog, pray good things are happening for you, and continue to be amazed by new and older posts. I send positive vibes every day--maybe some day soon they will work.

Quilter501 in NE WA state USA

Margaret said...

Happy New Year ....really enjoying your Chartres work ..I found it a very inspiring place particularly enjoying the ladies and the labyrinth which was available the day we were there in 2010

Margaret said...

Happy New Year ....really enjoying your Chartres work ..I found it a very inspiring place particularly enjoying the ladies and the labyrinth which was available the day we were there in 2010

smarcoux said...

I am commenting late .. not sure if you have done the draw yet. Thinking of you packing and if I were closer I would be there in a flash you know that. Will be great to see you in europe and we need to spend a bit of time together..
one more of your pieces would be nice .. ok a few more LOL
Sandy