Wednesday, March 31, 2010

In Holland and Form and Variation

I am back in Holland after teaching at the textile festival in Leiden.
I will also be teaching a masterclass ( dye , print and creation) at  Essen, Belgium ( there are still a few places available and you can do one day if you  do not have the time for 3 whole days) at the Colours of Africa Textile Event ( Essen is very close to Antwerp/Anvers). There will also be wonderful exhibits in conjunction with this event  including the auction of the small textile pieces created to fundraise for a children's creche in South Africa.  various artist including Laura LiebenbergAnnette Jeukens,Hella Sluyters ,Texui, Sandy Marcoux and myself will be exhibiting ( I will have at least 20 pieces on display)

It has been busy and to add to the business was the fact that i had a small car accident- which immobilised my car- no one was hurt and you would not think such a small bump would immobilise a car- but it did. Fortunately i am mobile again!


I finally feel as if I can get some work done and put the creative thinking cap on.

The image below is of bobbins I had wound as i was working on another piece for Southern Lands- I was so busy sewing that the motion of the fabric on the  plastic table created friction making the bobbin threads look as if they were dancing!

I am renting another artists'  apartment and studio for a month in Kolderveen, near Meppel and Giethoorn ( just above Zwolle in the region Drenthe) whilst the owner, does an artists' residency in Portugal.I discovered this opportunity on the Transartists website.The apartment and studios are part of a factory complex where other artists also live and work. There are  two huge studio spaces- I only intend to use one- after all I haven't got so much stuff with me, but the studio is big enough to  have some workshops if anyone is interested. The workshops would have to be the weekend of 22- 25 April. I am thinking of doing one with Lutradur, one with Form and Variation and maybe one with Linocutting. If you are at all interested , please email me.

1 comment:

Linda Robertus said...

Wish I was there... would definitely come to do a workshop with you!
Enjoy your time in that beautiful part of Holland,
groetjes,
Linda