Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thread Palette





I can't believe it! I only ordered my threads from Aurifil on Monday and today they arrived. I tried to chose a palette of colours that I normally use in my work as i often get asked what colours I use- so it is interesting for myself to see as well, when i have to pare it down and chose a modest array of  colours  . These particular threads are the Mako cotton threads in 28 weight- they have a lovely sheen for cotton and I can't wait to see what they look like stitched.

I have also been finishing some hand stitching projects- the one with the spotted leaf is for  Laura Liebenberg's Colours of Africa project- yes I know I am late, but it is all hand sttiched. The second piece is for my contribution to the southern lands exhibition which will be shown in March in Germany and in May at the Europeen Centre du Patchwork at  Salelles d'Aude. it too is entirley hand stitched on lutradur.

I have been trying to collate all the names for the KISS project- but am struggling- so I ask if you registerd your interest could you please email me.
.

3 comments:

Marlis said...

both pieces are beautiful dijanne! i love the stitching and the colors.

Kim said...

As always, these are lovely!

Corryna said...

Great colours. I also like these. I tend to choose all kinds of colours. I do not have favourite ones. I guess having a favourite collection adds to having your own style. I guess my style is not yet recognizable (maybe I do not have an own style), or not attached to the colour scheme I use.