Saturday, January 11, 2020

Mojo Seems to be Returning!

My mojo has been missing in action for quite awhile- it returned here and there a few times, but in all reality i need alone time to develop work, without interruptions. I don't answer my phone or emails. during the day, I just work away at stuff. Sometimes  I will leap from one thing to another- but it also  sparks ideas. It's hard to explain but I find it difficult to create new work if my mind is wondering elsewhere, I mean if my mind is wondering around other things than creating work.

The good news is I have found a house sitter, which  is maybe  the reason my mojo has been returning- it is one less thing to worry about, though now I do have to repaint my spare room ( which is presently wall papered in dire stuff). I will just have to get onto it. Thankfully my  electric wiring in the ceiling for the lights got rewired the other day- it was a great relief to know that it reduces the risk of a house fire enormously.

A few people expressed interest in purchasing the  octopus linocut so I have printed up some more on different coloured fabrics. The linocut measures 24 cm x 30 cm and has been printed by hand onto hand dyed fabric. I can see that  the octopus will be fun to stitch- and I am chomping at the bit to get going on one but first I have to finally finish my sea scene.

Octopus Linocut Printed panel.
The price of the panel is $23 AUS inclusive of postage. In the photo below is the range of colours I have at the moment.


I have taken  shots of  single panels so you can see the detail.



I have added a Paypal button for the octopus  if you are overseas or simply email me  if in Australia and I can give you bank details , and to tell me the colour you would like.




And I have been working on another linocut  inspired by the original sentinelles- whhcich were about my concerns about the environment. I get  asked every now and then whether I still have sentinelle printed fabric, but the linocut itself has become so fragile that I do not want to print with it any longer as I want to save it as part of he archive of that body of work. So I decided to make an entirely new sentinelle ( which I will reveal in the next few days, I am still refining it a little, making sure it will be interesting to stitch. Meanwhile here is a photo of the original sentinelles.



1 comment:

LoricFowlere said...

If salt water and sand isn't your thing, then there are plenty of pools, both public and private, indoor and outdoor, around Long New Yeezy Shoes Island that you're able to enjoy. In addition to pools that are Coach Handbags Clearance open for free form Cheap Air Force Ones swimming, many also Cheap Jordan Shoes For Men offer a diving section, lanes for laps, shallow water kiddy pool areas for the little Michael Kors Outlet Online ones, and some even boast additional amenities such as water slides, lazy rivers and sprinklers to run through. Many also host swimming lessons, from toddler classes to expert and lifeguard courses, and every intermediate level in between.

Fortunately for Lovelace, Ray Ban Sunglasses Sale she had an aptitude for math. When she was in her late Coach Outlet Sale teens, she met Charles Babbage, an accomplished mathematician and inventor. Babbage, today known as the father of the computer, had invented the difference engine, a machine that performed simple mathematical calculations.