Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Aussie Bush project

The Aussie Bush Project will commence life at the Sydney Craft and Quilt Fair at the end of June in 2017- so there is still time to  finish or make your pieces! ( I have brought printed fabrics with me so I can send them from ChARTres) I have photographed the colours I have with me. If you would like to purchase a panel please go to the Aussie Bush Page and use the paypal button for each of the designs- please also let me know which colour you would like- which you can do when paying by leaving a comment. so below are the colurs I have available.




The bush project will travel to Sydney, Melbourne, Hamilton ( New Zealand) , Wellington ( New Zealand), Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide and in 2018 to Quilt en Beaujolais in France and Berry,NSW in August 2018 where it will finish touring and all pieces will be returned to their makers. So there is still time- I will need finished pieces by mid June.

Travellers' Blanket On-line Class will begin on 3 April 2017- it will be the only time I run this course  for 2017 ,as the second half of the year gets very busy and then I am doing a residency in Timor Leste from mid October to Mid December and I may not have regular internet access. I am currently working on a blanket which is quite different to the ones I have previously worked on, because it is a story of an inner journey rather than one of encounters. But the blankets are a wonderful means of stitching  stories and creating tactile memories. There is a richness that seems to build of its own accord and all of the finished blankets I have seen over the years of teaching this course have been very beautiful each different and marvellous. If you would like to join I have an information sheet. I have added a Paypal button for ease of payment





I am working on indigo dyed khadi cloth and hand printed pomegranates- it is taking a lot of stitching, and I have been working on it whilst being at the ChARTres exhibition- so many people just want to run their hand over the stitching. The exhibition is being held at the Collegiale Saint Andre which is a wonderful  twelfth century stone building ( renovated)- however it is quite cold and I have a little heater to help combat the cold. I am staying at the higher end of Chartres so have to walk down a lot of steps to get to the Collegiale. One of the things I walk past are these formal gardens in the shape of a labyrinth.


  A struggling dandelion- it always amazes me how strong plants are- there can't be much soil there to nourish this dandelion, but it looks healthy and strong!

And the next  photo is one of the Queens of Chartres alongside her original inspiration.

And lastly- you cannot do things in France without thinking about food of some sort. I have to say the yoghurts in France taste so much better than those in Australia ( and fortunately they are not so obsessed with low fat yoghurt- I mean how do they make yoghurt in Australia if they are not using proper milk???? the mind boggles and I am sure they are full of sugar or something else that is bad) Anyway I love the la Fermiere yogurt- not only does it taste very good but it comes in the most lovely terracotta jars which will be going home with me-- I have seen the jars used in  restaurants around the place as well. 

4 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

When you share your adventures, the places you get to see and spend time in, I cannot help but think you live a charmed life. I know it is not always easy for you but I hope you feel it too.

Margaret Cooter said...

Labyrinth and 12th century building - wonderful. Also it's entirely evident why people would want to run their hands over that pomegranate stitching!

pdcrumbaker said...

Bush project order - Dijanne, I placed my order via paypal. Am hoping to get either red or orange Banksia, but any of the colors will do, with purple or green being last choices!

I thought it would be fun for a daughter who lives in Mona Vale to know her mother was being exhibited in Sydney!

Happy travels.

pdcrumbaker said...

And, I forgot to add that my first trip to Australia, I was quite taken with banksia along some of the walks I took around the Northern Beaches. I brought home a lovely card with a Rachel Newling print of banksia, which I framed. So, nice fond memories around this.