Friday, May 20, 2016

Busy

I am feeling a bit gefrumpelled- I thought I had sold my block of land in Gellibrand (price agreed etc etc) for the buyer to pull out at the last moment. Now I have to find the upside of this journey. I suppose the first thing is I don't have to pack everything up yet again and find somewhere else to live. Thankfully I have a wood heater in the shed....But there is also a few things I need to work out as well , like getting a car, work out a way to access the internet and get some power for my sewing machine.Anyway onward as they say.

A couple of weeks ago I created a new page of  work for sale- work that I have made since last year ( 2015). I am actually surprised at how much work I have produced in that time as there has been quite a  lot of moving,travelling and spending the summer in the shed without access to power.If you see anything you would like to purchase please email me ( I can be paid by Paypal or internet banking in Australia). Of course some of my older work is for sale and I am prepared to consider reasonable offers.

Of course last weekend was the wedding of my friends daughter Rebecca- it was a lovely wedding catered for  by a traiteur in their garden. of course there were many visitors before and after and I can't tell you how many new I rolled or how much cooking we did- but a lot!

My program for June is quite bsuy and I return to Oz on 2 July- Election day- what fun!
So here is my program for june

11 June at Cuci- Service in Oderzo- creating your own linocut for stamping/printing fabric and embellishing it with stitch
12 June at Cuci-Service in Oderzo- a lecture about my work with many demonstrations of how I work and some fun embroidering/stitching your own little piece of printed fabric as a memento

18 June at Festival du Forcafil in the Luberon Working with Transfer dye/printing and stitching
19 June at Festival Forcafil- Form and Variation-

I have an information sheet I can send of  the Festival du Forcafil which I am happy to send to you - just email me. The Festival itself runs from 24-26 June with many exhibitions to visit in different villages.

Then I head home for awhile for winter cold .

Had  a wonderful day yesterday visiting Michel Garcia in Lauris- he is an amazing fountain of knowledge about natural dyeing  but in a measured scientific way as he consults on many projects that need accuracy and consistency to reproduce  natural colours around the world . My friend Liwanag also came along as she is involved in a biodiversity project in the Phillipines and his approach also seeded many ideas about sustainability . I came away with a lot of food for thought and to come up with an idea of what I would like him to teach me before I go back to Oz- and maybe it was the universe's way of telling me that my block of land could be a source for natural dye stuffs- who knows? And whilst it is not easy to extract colour from Banksias it is not impossible.




The photos above are some of his samples and dyer's hands! And I leave you with another banksia on the way!





1 comment:

Robbie said...

Always love seeing your banksia quilts!!! Good luck...everything happens for a reason, right!