Saturday, December 10, 2011

Venezia Picturesque

My first image of Venice is the random signs/images we have encountered on the  walls of the streets. Some of them have been stencilled al la Banksy style but others have been more seriously executed into full blown drawing sketches or even paintings of a kind. My favourite however was a tiny piece of paper pasted to the steps of The Rialto Bridge of 'another' earth creature. I doubt if I would have noticed it had it not been early in the morning before the crowd really got going.It is the image on the bottom  2nd on the left.

And Venice as always weaves it's magic- despite the hordes of tourists, the shops selling fake Murano glass and extra special prices for tourists- yes we know about those!But on the whole we have had a most enjoyable time- walking walking and walking and making a few purchases as Christmas gifts to take home ( we even have a little Christmas tree in the Bed and Breakfast we are staying in Al Saor- which we have found delightful and got at a very good rate through the internet- it's well placed, has delightful owners, and lovely rooms with even our own kitchenette- I highly recommend it)





After the debacle of Prague my large Sentinelles are for sale if anyone is interested- images can be found on my blog  and use the link for the Earth sentinelle. Please email me for the price and I will do you a very good deal if you email me before 17 December 2011. Also my Sentinelle catologue is for sale for 12 Euros plus postage and off course my hand printed ( from an original linocut printed on fabric) is also for sale for 12 euros plus postage.Monday we are in france- so postage is very reliable from France!

8 comments:

Sandra Reford said...

Nice to read about all your work and successes! Love the catalogue. Will you have a chance to zip by Verona while you are in Venice? It's only a short train ride away.

oneworld said...

nice pics....

essay writing said...

Great post, I enjoyed ready reading it, Keep posting good stuff like this.

buy dissertation said...

Cool great post really ncie!

india to maldives cruise said...

Nice post and it would be great for everyone, Thanks a lot for spreading this information here.

ESAD Aufsperrdienst und Schlüsseldienst said...

so lovely :) from vienna

Vocabulary workshop answers said...

Each time I visit Venezia I wonder how long will this city be as it is. Because all building are getting older and older and they are impossible to repair because large part is under the water

Unknown said...

Remember when I thought the tooth fairy was real.
dissertation titles previous