Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Work and Teaching of Cherilyn Martin


When I have been in the Netherlands I have often come across the work of Cherilyn Martin but had never met her so I was delighted to finally meet the person whose work I had been admiring for many years.Above and below are images of some of Cherilyn's recent work and you will find more images on her website which I have linked.

 For Aussies- Cherilyn is one of Northern Europe's foremost teachers in teaching to develop your own work as well as  the use of other fibrous materials and  dimension in work and she will be in Australia doing workshops for Fibrearts Australia from 18-24 Septemeber in Townsville and 25 september-1 October in the  Hawkesbury.

NEW DIMENSIONS IN SURFACES & STITCH …a journey of discovery………


In this experimental class we will work simultaneously with paper, fabric and stitch. In a series of hands on experiments we will transform the character of papers and fabrics, building intriguing surfaces with a variety of mediums and surface design techniques……

The time spent together will not only be a journey into the third dimension, but a journey of self discovery.

A series of small works will be produced in this class ranging from 2D fabric/paper stitched constructions to off the wall structures.

In her classes Cherilyn encourages students to push the boundaries of ideas, materials and technique and to develop their own visual language.



8 comments:

Maggi said...

I was lucky enough to do two day class with Cherilyn at FOQ last year. She is certainly a teacher to be recommended.

Monique 78 said...

I didn't know her, but I'm very much interested in her work. I like the work with different mediums and the new texture they give.

Catherine Grangeat said...

Thank you Dijanne for sharing with us the work of this artist. I went to her blog... I love her work.
Catherine G 78

Jessica said...

I have never seen her work before very interesting.

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Corilu Designs said...

Just came across your blog and had to drop you a line and tell you I think your work is absolutely gorgeous!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

So enjoyed learning about this creativity.

chaussures mbt nama femme said...

follow you now!